Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Life as a Mother to THREE…

Many of my friends with two children have asked me to keep the blog updated on how it is to have three kids. Let’s be honest, the jump from two to three is pretty scary! At least it was for me. Three kids is a lot of kids! It makes for a good sized family! Well, let me just say that the transition has been easy. I’m talking Piece of Cake! Oh wait. It’s been simple because of this…

IMG_3145My mom got here just a day before Brinley arrived. She left yesterday morning. That’s right, she was here for almost three whole weeks! And honestly, I couldn’t have done it without her. We’ve had yummy meals every night. My house has been clean. I’ve taken daily naps. Anika and Avery have gone to the movies, gone to the swimming pool, gone out for ice-cream. My mom took care of all of the little daily tasks of motherhood – breakfast and lunch for the girls, baths, diapers, story time, snacks, and so much more. Needless to say, the transition has been easy, because I haven’t had to do anything!!! :) Now the real fun begins.

I’m on day two of going at it alone, and thanks to friends, I’m not really going at it alone! We had dinner with friends last night. (Thanks Marci and Adam!!!) And the big girls are spending the day with their best friends. (Thanks Britt!!!) I guess in a couple of weeks I might be able to give a better idea of what it’s really like having three kids. :)

Now for the real reason people look at this blog…cute pictures of my babies!

IMG_3138 IMG_3115 IMG_3120 IMG_3143 IMG_3141

Oh, I need to put pictures of Brinley’s first bath as well. This little girls LOVES bath time. She was so cute. Didn’t cry once!

IMG_3082 IMG_3095 IMG_3096 IMG_3097 IMG_3098 IMG_3099 IMG_3101 IMG_3103 IMG_3106

7 comments:

  1. so sweet. i don't know if you feel this way, but with one kid i didn't really feel like i could consider us "family", then with two, it's still like "okay, i'm still just starting my 'family'" but with 3...you are definitely a family. does that make sense? ha ha! good luck. you're definitely my inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute!! I am glad it has been nice for you so far! I am little nervous about trying to have another one. I don't know if I like the idea of being out numbered! I hope everything is going well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first picture of all three girls is so cute! Anika looks so grown up with straight hair! Do you guys straighten her hair often? Its really cute, but I feel like she is growing up too fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had your mom there to help you make the transition! Your girls are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful girls. So sweet. Being outnumbered is daunting at times, but big sisters equal big helpers. I'm sure the girls just love each other already. What a fun little/(not so little) family.
    PS I'm sure you're doing great even without the help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Sean and Angell! What a doll. We miss you guys a ton. Hope everything is going well and the big sisters are happy to have another member of the girls club. I told Sean we'll probably be in South Bend for the BYU/ND game next fall. We'd love to see you there....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved looking at your blog tonight. I hadn't seen it since Brinley was born. I love the way you narrate the life of your family. You are hilarious and so are your children!

    ReplyDelete