Saturday, July 23, 2011

Welcome Baby Brinley!

Well, now that our new addition is ten days old, I guess I can post some pictures and share the news with the world. I know that the extended family has been waiting for this. Sorry it’s taken me so long. I think that Brinley is fitting comfortably into the “third child” position, in that I haven’t taken a ton of pictures of her, and whenever I’ve had a minute to post pictures, I’ve decided to sleep instead! Better late than never, right?

I was induced with Brinley on Wednesday, July 13th. Sean, my mom, and I got to the hospital at 7:30 in the morning. This is what I looked like when I got there…

IMG_2968 IMG_2970

By about 9:00, I was hooked up to the IV and the pitocin. Getting the IV is one of the hardest parts for me. I know, that sounds ridiculous, but it’s the truth. I guess Sean thought it would be funny to get an action shot of my least favorite part of child-birth. Thanks a lot, Sean.

IMG_2985

The contractions kicked in pretty quickly, but they weren’t very painful. At 10:40, the nurse came in and asked if I was ready to get the epidural and have my water broken. Truthfully, I wasn’t. My mom, Sean, and I were in the middle of a game of Phase 10. Yep, that was my reason for putting off the inevitable. I told her to come back in 20-30 minutes, and then I’d be ready. Well, an hour went by before we saw the nurse again. It turns out that there was an emergency which took all of my nurses and doctors away. This is how I ended up spending the next couple of hours…

IMG_2986 IMG_2987IMG_2992

It was about 1:15 before we got the party stared. I got the epidural (aka my best friend) and had my water broken. At 1:30 the nurse told me that I wouldn’t be checked again until 3:30. I kind of laughed to myself. Two whole hours? I knew that Brinley would be born by then. My mom told her that my other babies were born within an hour of my water being broken, but they didn’t pay much attention to the warning. By 2:15 I was in a lot of pain. The epidural had kicked in great on the left side of my body, but my right side could feel everything. I told the nurse that I felt a lot of pressure and a lot of pain. She finally asked if I felt like I needed to push. Answer…YES! They gave me another shot of the epidural, then another nurse came in to check me. To their surprise (not mine) I was nine centimeters dilated, and ready to do some “practice pushes.” Just like I had predicted, the room suddenly swarmed with people getting tables set up and instruments ready for baby Brinley’s arrival. I started actually pushing around 2:45. At 3:08, our little baby was born. She was 6 pounds, 8 oz., and was 20 inches long, and has red hair!

IMG_2996 IMG_3000IMG_3016 

Later that night is when the real party started. Sean picked up the girls from home, along with their Aunt Keri, and came back to the hospital for a PIZZA PARTY! I think Anika and Avery were as excited about the pizza and soda pop as they were about meeting their new sister. :)

IMG_3030 IMG_3032IMG_3044  IMG_3053 IMG_3056

Daddy came to visit after school on the 14th. I think he was a little tired…

IMG_3061

We brought Brinley home on the evening of July 15th. She’s so tiny!!!

IMG_3062 IMG_3064 IMG_3071 IMG_3112

We love our little Brinley and feel so blessed to have three beautiful daughters!

21 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, she is so adorable! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's gorgeous! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angell!! Your amazing. And you are so lucky to have three beautiful daughters! I am glad things went well through the labor. We miss you guys, and can't wait to meet this little Brinley sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's adorable. I'm so happy to have another redhead in the family! And don't worry, your not alone with the IV thing. It's the most horrible part for me too. And I had no epidural kick in last time either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your adorable daughter! You are ahead of me for sure I still need to post pictures of my little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations, sean and angell! she's an adorable baby and you have 3 beautiful girls! now keep this blog updated so that i can learn how to do the mom-to-3 thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys did it again, little Brinley is beautiful just like her sisters. Congratulations! Have fun with those precious little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Great birth post! The pictures are awesome especially the IV one. I love the last picture of Brinley. So cute. Even though I already knew the details it was fun to giggle at your play by play with pictures included.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, Angell! Beautiful, beautiful girl!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is BEAUTIFUL...and has the best birthday ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Remember when I had a baby 3 months ago? Probably not because I have STILL not posted anything. I love that 10 days is late for you. I think you are early. Congratulations! Another beautiful girl. Glad you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Angell! Congrats! All of your girls are so adorable and you look fantastic (yes, even hours before giving birth). I hope you're feeling great. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! I am so glad Brinley is here--she looks absolutely beautiful and I'm so happy that you're all doing well.

    You have a lovely family! We miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations I am excited for you guys!! She is really cute and so tiny! I love the picture of you getting your IV it makes me laugh! Your pre-delivery picture is cute too!! I love your belly! I hope Brinley is a good baby for you guys! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. woo hoo!!! you're done!! congrats!!! i'm happy for you. she's beautiful, fits right in. wish i could see you in person. hope all goes well. you'll have to write a little about the transition to 3. i'm curious...

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweetie! Glad you're all doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cutie! Haha, I love that she's a redhead. Brace yourself for lots of compliments on that alone! :) I can't wait to meet her! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sooooo happy that you're new little girl is home! Your pictures are so beautiful! Enjoy these moments, they are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your post and the pictures! Baby Brinley is simply adorable:) I hope you are doing well. Congrats!!!
    P.S. I guess I am next...only 4 more weeks to go:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that she has red hair! How fun. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations!!! She is Beautiful! Hopefully you are able to get some rest. Cute family!

    ReplyDelete