Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!!

I think that most of my friends know that I am a total party-pooper when I am pregnant. Well, let’s be honest. I’m kind of becoming a party-pooper in my old age. The thought of getting the family together to go “celebrate” is a little overwhelming. I can barely handle a simple trip to the park anymore! I had every intention of sleeping in on the 4th of July, thinking that maybe next year I would educate my children about this wonderful holiday and our magnificent country. Lucky for my girls, I have a good friend named Britt DeMill, who basically told me that I HAD to get up in the morning and join them and some other friends for an Independence Day Parade. My first reaction? You have GOT to be kidding. After a little arm twisting, I caved. And boy am I glad that I did. We had a great time, and the girls loved every second of it. Of course, people walked by and threw candy at them, so what’s not to love? Here are a few pictures from the big celebration.

IMG_2903

IMG_2905

IMG_2906

IMG_2908

IMG_2916

IMG_2926

IMG_2941

IMG_2944

IMG_2945

Here’s Britt and I, being “cool” moms.

IMG_2961

This is how we really felt. (I know it’s really hard to tell, but Britt has a little baby-belly as well.)

IMG_2962 

Now for a side-note. I’m sure you’re all looking at the belly thinking, “Uh…she is going to pop!” Yes, that’s exactly how I feel. I am due on the 16th, which is just 9 days away. However, I am being induced on Wednesday the 13th of July, so we have less than a week to go before we get to meet our little Brinley. I’m praying that Brinley will hold off her grand entrance until the actual induction. My mom and sister get here on Monday night, so we should have all of our bases covered!

Oh, and another side-note. I chopped my hair.

Before:

IMG_2891

After:

IMG_2902

Why do I keep growing out my hair?!

6 comments:

  1. Angell, I love your haircut! You look gorgeous. And I'm so excited to hear that Brinley will be here in less than one week. Good luck with these last few days of pregnancy! I'm glad you and your cute family had a good time celebrating the Fourth of July. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love, love, love the cut. so cute!!! because i have never had long hair in my whole life, i love shorter cuts. you look awesome. GOOD LUCK next week!!! i'll be thinking of you and praying all goes well. so excited and happy that it will all be over. you will be able to sleep and breathe. hallelujah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the hair!! I've always thought that short A-line looked super cute on you! I think I'm going back to a short cut after baby Ben gets here. Brinley will be here so soon! Hang in there, rest while you can...if you can :) I know I'm to the point now where I just can't get comfortable! We'll keep you guys in our prayers! Good luck on the 13th!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you guys got to enjoy the 4th of July. It looks like the girls had a blast at the parade! We are cheering for baby Brinley to come on the actual induction date. Nothing better than having a date that you can plan for and of course mommy's help as well:) We will be praying for you and hope to meet this little girl soon:) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love the short hair!! And yes you ARE such a cool mom. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a fun 4th! Love the new hair cut!
    So, baby Brinley must be here! I hope you're doing well and adjusting to being the mom of 3!

    ReplyDelete