Sunday, May 1, 2011

We always seem to want what we don’t have…

This evening, out of nowhere, Anika got teary-eyed and said, “I want straight hair. I don’t want my curly hair anymore.” I tried to tell her how beautiful she is, and that I would give anything to have her gorgeous curls, but she wasn’t buying it. So we straightened her hair!

Here are the before shots…

IMG_2764 IMG_2765Aren’t those curls amazing?! I just LOVE her hair. Here are some pictures that Sean took of the process…

IMG_2766IMG_2771IMG_2775IMG_2779There was one point, just before I finished, where Anika was sitting on her little chair facing me. Avery came into our bedroom, looked at the back of Anika’s straight-haired head, and with a super confused look on her face said, “Where’s Anika?” Sean and I rolled with laughter. Anika turned around to face Avery and said, “I’m right here! It’s me with straight hair!” Both girls got such a kick out of it.

Okay, here is the final product…

IMG_2783IMG_2784First of all, I can’t get over how long her hair is! Secondly, it doesn’t even look like my little Anika!!! All evening I just kept looking at her, thinking, “Who’s kid is this?” Just before bedtime, she had another meltdown and decided that she wanted her curls back. When our hair is curly, we want it straight. When it is straight, we want it curly. When will we learn to appreciate what we have?! :)

9 comments:

  1. Growing up with 3 sisters, this is my favorite post ever. Love it. Tell Sean hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a doll! With such gorgeous hair, both curly and straight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful no matter how her hair is done! You are so good to do this with her, I am sure she will remember it for a long time. Also you are so cute pregnant, you look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! Sarah is always asking for curls Sunday mornings and I catch a glimps of life to come...two little girl asking for hair (3 for you!) And it makes me worry about what time I'll have to set my alarm on a Sunday morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, the stresses of being a girl. So cute, I love it! Did you end up washing it before bed so it was curly again?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her hair both ways! She's such a pretty girl. It made me laugh to read Avery's comment.

    I hope you're all doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them soo much! and you! This is amazing!!! My favorite picture would have to be the one where Anika has both straight and curly hair! can't wait to see you! Hope fetus is treating you well!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good mom you are for indulging her! i am dreading the day when Clara comes to me with a similar request.

    ReplyDelete
  9. straight or curly-this girl is a doll! but, let's face it Avery said it perfectly when she said "where's Anika?" Her curly hair is her!!! i just love it!!! Aunt Denise

    ReplyDelete