Saturday, April 30, 2011

SOCCER!!!

As a kid, I LOVED Saturdays. Why, you ask? Because Saturday meant SOCCER! My childhood memories have been flooding back as I now find myself on the sidelines for Anika’s soccer experience. I’m also realizing week by week what a saint my mother was. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE watching Anika run up and down the field, and occasionally kick the ball, but watching the games is nothing like playing the games.

This is Anika’s first season playing soccer, and it is so cute! She got to start in her very first game. She stood, facing the other team, ready for them to kick it off. The whistle blew, the ball was kicked, and the kids swarmed. However, sweet little Anika didn’t move an inch! She continued to stand in her starting position for at least one minute, until the other team scored and the ball was brought back to the center. Too funny. The second time around she became a bit more aggressive; well, aggressive for Anika. She moved up and down the field with the crowd, but did more dancing than running. Sean and I commented that we should take her out of soccer and put her in ballet! When all was said and done, Anika had a great time. She said that her favorite part was running.

Here are some adorable pictures of our little soccer player!

IMG_2673 IMG_2671 IMG_2672IMG_2675

I forgot to mention that Anika is on the same team as her best friend, Dashle. These kids are too cute together. They have a great time.  Let’s be honest, it makes it more fun for me too, because I have Dashle’s mommy to hang with on the sidelines!

IMG_2690 IMG_2692 IMG_2698

2 comments:

  1. They look super cute! What a fun thing for her to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Avery, do you love Coy?" -me
    "No... I love Dashel!" -Avery
    "NO! I LOVE DASHEL.... I'M GOING TO MARRY DASHEL!" -Anika

    I love your girls!!! I wish I could have seen her play soccer! Love you!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete