Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ultrasound…

Well, it happened. On the third day of the third month of 2011, we found out that we will be having our THIRD GIRL!!!

For those of you who know me, you know that I have been CONVINCED from day one that we were having a boy. I have looked at baby boy bedding, baby boy clothes, baby boy toys, etc. I honestly hadn’t even considered  that this baby could in fact be another girl. Just before starting, the ultrasound technician asked if I had any thoughts one way or the other. I said to her, “Oh, it’s a boy. I know that it’s a boy.” I explained that this pregnancy has been night and day compared to my last two pregnancies and that I just really think it’s a boy! Apparently my “mother’s intuition” is WAY off.

She started the ultrasound only to find that this little baby is breach. She had a hard time finding the gender quickly, so she moved on to measurements. When she went back to determine if it was a boy or girl, our little lady gave her a clear view. The ultrasound tech just smiled and said, “Well, it’s a girl!” I literally couldn’t believe it. I asked her if she was sure multiple times! She showed me the picture, and even I can tell that it’s a little girl.

I walked around in complete shock for the rest of the day, but aside from the major surprise, we are all thrilled. I couldn’t be happier about getting another girl. We love our Anika and Avery so much. Adding a little sister to the mix is just going to be adding more joy to our lives. It took a few days to get Avery to stop saying “Baby boy.” Anika thinks that her sister should be named “Anika.” Sean is already stressed about having to pay for three weddings. I’m just ready to meet this little sweetheart who likes to use my large intestine as a punching bag. Our little girl will be named Brinley Mortensen. We love her already and can’t wait to shower her with kisses. Only 19 weeks to go!!!

14 comments:

  1. Love, love that name!! Lol, its on my girl name list too :) So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny. I have been wrong three out of three times! ha ha! Trevor jokes that I have NO mother's intuition (yes, he's been right every time and rubs it in!). Two of my sisters and one of my best friends have three girls in a row! SO cute :)
    BTW looks like Cabo was fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned I had no mother's intuition when I found out I was having twins. Never had a clue. Congratulations. Cute name. Did you already have a girls' name picked out? That was fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Welcome to the club! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since you were convinced it was a boy and had bedding and names picked out are you willing to share? At the rate we're going this little guy will be baby boy Crum with a nursery of white walls until he can speak for himself and suggest his own name and have an opinion for room decor.
    Brinley is such a cute name. Tell Sean that since our children are betrothed and I don't have any girls I'll split the wedding costs 50/50.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Mortensen's!! We are just thrilled for you! Your three girls are going to have so much fun, sisters are the best! Just think of all the dance classes and princess birthday parties :) Here's hoping the next 19 weeks go by smoothly and you're feeling good! We miss you friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, well at least you know that you and Sean already make cute little girls! Congratulations on another girl at least you won't have to buy as much stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3 girls is such a blast!! I love the name too, super cute. Hope she stops kickin' you so much. that's a feeling that i never got used to. :)
    best of luck we can't wait to see your newest little darling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. rock on. soooooo much estrogen. maybe we'll have to do a trade....i love brinley. that is beautiful. miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angell, congratulations! I felt exactly the same way when we found out we were having our third girl. I was SO SURE that it was a boy because this has been my easiest pregnancy by far. I was shocked. But how exciting that we both get to have three girls! So fun.

    I love the name you have picked! Good luck with the next 19 weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so great! Do you want to pass along any more girl names this way! I am so impressed that you already have a name! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy for you! You are an amazing MOM! I love the name! I miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOOHOO!!! Another beautiful girl! Congrats, friends! We are so excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. NO WAY??! Three girls Angell. Sean is a lucky man to have so many gorgeous girls in his life! So happy for you guys. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete