Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cabo, Mexico!!!

Oh Cabo, how I miss you. Sean and I were lucky enough to get to go on a little get-away just a few weeks before Christmas. The kiddos stayed in Arizona with Grandparents, and we were ALONE! Sean didn’t have to study for Dental School, I didn’t have to change diapers,… it was HEAVEN! We went in celebration of our five year anniversary. That’s right, it’s been five whole years for us. I can’t even really say that we did a whole lot. We walked on the beach, went on a dinner cruise, swam in the pool, shopped in the market, went on a city tour, took naps, read books. All of the activities that we originally had planned had to be cancelled due to the pregnancy, but it was okay. We still had a great time. Here are a few pictures of paradise.

This was a view from our balcony.

037

Unfortunately, going out to dinner meant Johnny Rockets and Hard Rock Cafe. My pregnant belly couldn’t handle the authentic Mexican cuisine. Lucky for me I have a very understanding hubby.

044

We went on a couple of boat tours around the famous Arch. Behind us is an old Pirate Cave!

088

We made some pretty good friends on the streets. :)

110  108

This was our dinner cruise. When we first got on the ship, they served drinks. I’m pretty sure we were the only ones to get Shirley Temples!

116 112 114

This is us in front of the famous Arch and a nice sunset just before dinner.

123125

If you look closely, you can see the “Happy 5th Anniversary” on our dessert plate! Fun surprise.

129

Sean and I were kind of on opposite schedules during this trip. I was in bed by 8:30pm while he was up until 11:00. I got up before 6:00 every morning, but Sean slept in until 9:00. This was the last morning in Cabo. Sean got up early with me because I had been telling him about the amazing sunrises, which I admired every morning of the trip. Unfortunately, the morning he got up with me, it was pretty cloudy on the horizon, but it was still gorgeous.

192 187 We had a really great time. I’m excited for our 10th Anniversary…Germany! That’s what I’m hoping for, anyway. Thanks to moms and dads for watching the little girls while we escaped. I’m pretty sure they had an even better week than we did, considering how spoiled they were! :)

218

9 comments:

  1. so so so fun! You guys are so cute. Happy 5th Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had a great time!! I love the view from you room it is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this looks amazing. It's just heaven being in such a pretty place and just you TWO, how it all started. I would really like to do something like this with David....soon....the warm weather would be so welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an amazing get-a-way! and congrats on baby #3!! how exciting! that's so sweet that you're girls are excited about the baby too. my girl's were crazy about my prego belly when i was expecting holly. have fun! and hope you're feeling alright :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you were able to take a trip while pregnant those are much needed! I haven't been too sick really only a little bit of nausea. It sounds like you have been kind of sick. When do you find out the sex of your baby? I hope you are having a boy too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent pictures. I hope you had a good time, despite the pregnancy. Congratulations on 5 years

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Good for you guys. And happy five-year anniversary (belated). :) I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. DO you remember me? I was looking through some old photos from back in the day and found one of you and I! Summer "Bagley" and I served our missions in NE and were actually companions and I saw you commented on her blog so I thought I would say hi over at yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your trip looks amazing! And your family picture is darling...not Christmasy at all!

    ReplyDelete