Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy Holidays!!!

7a

Hello Friends and Family!

This year’s Holiday Greeting Card is going viral! Well, not really, but instead of gathering the addresses, stamping the envelopes, and worrying about who we missed, I’ve decided to just put it on the blog. So much easier!

Sean has had an exciting and busy year. In 2010, he finished his first year of dental school at Ohio State University, started his second year, and managed to make it home most nights for dinner! He has been involved in the Young Men’s program at church which has included Wednesday nights with the boys and many weekends on camping trips. His new favorite game is “DADDY, GET ME!” which is played every single night, the moment he walks in the door.

Angell continues to work hard as a cook, nurse, chauffer, teacher, maid, bill payer, checkbook balancer, hair stylist, bath-giver, story-teller, “fairy-god-mother,” and everything else that goes with the titles of wife and mother. She has a couple of piano students and is also baby-sitting two little boys twice a week. Aside from the day-to-day, Angell is serving in the Primary Presidency at church which involves working with the children and their teachers. She continues to record the family history through scrapbooking. Angell’s big accomplishment of the year was running a half marathon in September with her dad.

Anika is officially four years old. She started preschool in September and is thriving. She LOVES her teacher, Miss Linda, and all of her friends in Classroom 8. She has learned to write her name and insists on writing it on everything. Anika has been going to gymnastics all year and has really improved. Her favorite part is flipping herself over the bars. Yikes!

Avery is two years old, and she likes to tell everyone her age. She is our songbird, her favorite song to sing being the ABC’s. If ever it’s quiet and we’re not sure where to find Avery, chances are she is in a corner “reading” a book. She LOVES to read. Avery has only recently discovered the art of speaking in full sentences, which has opened the door to many fun conversations.

Baby #3 is on its way! That’s right. Angell is 13 and a half weeks pregnant with the next little Mortensen. She is due July 15th which is only weeks after Sean will finish his Board Exams for Dental School. Angell is not feeling great, but hasn’t been nearly as sick as she was with the girls. (YEA!) We should find out some time in February if we’ll be having baby girl #3 or if we will welcome a little boy to the mix. The first thing Anika said when she found out that a baby was on it’s way was, “Well, I just want a baby brother.” Even Avery says, “I want baby boy.” We’re very excited either way!

That about sums up 2010 in the Mortensen home! We have been very blessed all year long and are eternally grateful to our Father in Heaven for the many blessings that continue to enter our lives. Happy (late) Holidays! We love and miss you all!!!

Sincerely,

Sean, Angell, Anika, Avery, and Baby #3  :)

20 comments:

  1. Congrats! That is so exciting! Your family is just beautiful. And the dark hair looks great on you Angell. We are so happy to hear you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you have a blog and I haven't been reading it. I am definately going to become a follower. Congrats on baby #3. I miss you. Some day we need to live by each other.

    ps.. I'm lovin the hair color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited that you guys are expecting baby number 3! What FANTASTIC news. Congratulations! I love the family picture and reading through your updates for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so good to see your smiling faces! you guys look great and congrats on #3! our kiddos are the same ages so maybe one of my boys will find one of your girls at efy and join our two little families!

    good luck finishing up 2nd year! you're almost half-way done. let me tell you, post dental school is much better! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. woot woot!!! that is awesome. #3...you and emma are leaving me in the dust. the dust is good sometimes. i wish i was near you to help and take the girls so you can be sick in peace. i hope you feel better soon. still miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on such a great year!! And baby #3!! So exciting :) We are so happy to see your little family doing so well, we miss you guys. Love, The Williamsons

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yay! That is so very exciting! I can't beleive how big your girls are getting. What a gorgeous family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your family picture! You look good with dark hair! :) Congratulations on Baby #3!!! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you guys are doing great and staying busy! Congrats on Baby #3! That will be so great to have so many new babies in the family! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! It is great to get an update and hear that things are going so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Angell!!! So so so exciting for you! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So guess what? My hair is about as brown as yours! Great minds think alike, eh? You look GREAT and a big CONGRATS to being pregnant with baby #3!!!! How exciting! I'm happy for you! I sure do miss you. And I had no idea that you had a blog. I just might have to start stalking you. Ich hab' dich Lieb!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is so good to hear your family news! Cute family picture. Congratulations on the upcoming new addition!!! We are so happy for you guys and I am so so excited that our babies will be about a month apart!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats again on the pregnancy - I'm so excited for you. Love the picture too, the back light is just perfect. You are a GOOD looking family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats!! That is so exciting for you guys! Hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. BEAUTIFUL pic! And congrats on #3!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey! Welcome to the dark side, Angelle! I like the brown hair. You look great. I am so glad that I checked your blog. I am so excited for you to have another babe...#3 is fun...interesting, but fun! So I tried to call you to get your address to send you a card this year, but apparently I have the wrong #. The person that I texted was NOT happy that I bothered them. You'll have to email me your current number and address.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just discovered today that you have a blog and I am thrilled I found it! It sounds like life is going great for you in Ohio. Your little girls are adorable, and congratulations on the third, I am pregnant too and due on July third.

    ReplyDelete