Sunday, October 10, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AVERY!!!

It’s official. My baby is no longer a baby. This wonderfully special day of 10-10-10 marks Avery’s second birthday. Where has the time gone?! It seems like only last week that I woke up at 5:45 am and waited by the phone, just hoping that the hospital would call me to come in for my induction. Honestly, the two years since then have been one big blur of complete joy, complimented with occasional frustration. :)

We threw a little party for Avery and her best friend, Coy, last night. Coy’s birthday was on Friday, so we thought it fitting that they celebrate together! Here are some pictures…

Silly face!IMG_2195

The kiddos, opening their presents to each other.

IMG_2208

Look, Dad!

IMG_2216

All of the sisters with the birthday kids!

IMG_2236

Our good friends, the DeMills (Coy’s family) has the great tradition of doing birthday donuts instead of birthday cake, which means no half-eaten, rotting birthday cake in my fridge for the next month. :)

IMG_2244

Coy seemed to prefer Avery’s donut.

IMG_2252

Avery made it very clear which donut was his.

IMG_2251

So there you have it! My girl is all grown up! In just the last week, Avery has started talking in full sentences. Her favorite things to say are, “I’m all done,” “I want more,” and “I want to eat.” The two most frequently used sentences, accompanied by some tears, are “I want Daddy,” and “I want Papa.” She has also decided that she needs to sit on her potty after every diaper change. (YEA!) Avery’s favorite game is “Ring-Around-The-Rosy” and she LOVES to do summersaults. I just adore this child!

I LOVE YOU, AVERY! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

IMG_2243

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe Avery is two years old! Happy birthday to her! She is adorable, and I love the pictures. It's so cute that she is talking in sentences. And good for her, for trying to go on the potty! That's so exciting.

    We miss you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it that a rainbow of fruit and veggies! Look how good you guys are! I should do the doughnut thing for Braxton he does not even like cake! His last two birthdays I barely can get the kid to take a bite of his birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! How fun! Happy birthday Avery! I can't believe that she is 2 already! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two years old? I can't believe it! But then again, it seems like just yesterday we would pass each other on campus preggers with the first ones, which will be 4 years ago real soon... too crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! How have two years flown by so quickly? It looks like you and your girls are having so much fun and so happy. You continue to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is a doll! Love and miss you guys! Happy Birthday sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete